Since we have the blog up, and it’s really there for me to express ideas, concerns, challenges, and successes, I want to talk a little bit about the Ronnie stream GFX.
Over the last few months, I’ve had a hell of a time finding someone to bring together the vision I have for the stream’s GFX. The initial designer I had unfortunately had life get in-the-way, and wasn’t able to finalize his work. That’s understandable. We all have challenges and life-issues, and nobody understands those more than someone that’s been sent overseas twice.
Since then, though, I’ve contacted 11 designers, ranging from “Professionals” costing up-to $1,000, to Twitter “Twitch Specialists” willing to do panels for $4 per 6. Here’s some of what I’ve gotten back, and in each instance it hasn’t been a final product:
- Asked for finishing the first designer’s logo. Received a logo that was actually less-done than the one the previous designer sent.
- Asked this dude to build me a few panels. Sent $20. Got nothing. A month has passed.
- Asked this person to review the logo, see if it could be improved, and finalize it. Never sent payment, never heard back.
- Inquired with a “Pro”. Booked out 6 months.
- Inquired with another “Pro”. No response.
- Asked for some help on twitter. At least 10 replies with “I’m the best” and only 2 responded to a message. Out of those two, I chatted with one for almost a whole day about what we could do. I sent him $40 a week ago. He hasn’t responded.
- I also sent $60 to a guy who said he would stream while he worked so I could watch. Asked him when. He said noon today. I asked him shortly after that where I could watch. Hasn’t responded.
Folks, I’m dead. I have no idea what to do or where to go from here. I really want to book one of those Pro’s, and have the peace of mind that the work will be done in the end-run, just no time soon. I’m frustrated mostly because I spend an inordinate amount of time on stream quality. Everything from my $400 camera to my $4,000 game rig to make sure I can stream at 1080p60 (I currently downscale because Twitch hates their Affiliates).
If the graphics don’t feel good for me, then I don’t feel like I’m putting the best quality I can into my content. I understand “the graphics don’t make the stream”, but that’s like saying “the car color doesn’t determine its speed”. You’re absolutely right. But the beautiful car is nicer to look at than the ugly one.
Ronnie out, rant over. Stream is back Wednesday.